Saturday, 19 September 2015

Major security flaw in Android Lollipop to bypass lock screen

A bug has been found by a security analyst in University of Texas's which allows  anyone to bypass the lock screen in Android devices by using very long password.  This vulnerability will affect around 20% of android devices which has Android Lollipop running using a password protection to unlock, pattern unlocking devices will not be affected . One can easily bypass the lock screen simply with overloading it by long text string.  



Researcher has given demonstration in google nexus phone. Steps for bypassing lock screen includes entering arbitrary long text in emergency dial and continuously pressing camera button. 

His reply on the finding vulnerability 
            "I’m sitting in the passenger seat, bored, with no signal on my phone, so I start poking around and seeing what unexpected behavior I can cause.A few idle hours of tapping every conceivable combination of elements on the screen can do wonders for finding bugs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment